Pages

Monday, November 06, 2006

Greetings and Salutations!

Welcome to Lazy Mama Speaks, your place to find out what's going on at Lazy Mama Designs. I've been posting a lot of new stuff at my etsy shop, and I thought it would be fun to share some information on my recent projects, as well as some sneak peaks at upcoming items for sale on my site.

This site is still under construction, and I'm trying out the new beta version of blogger, so bear with me while I get things under control. Until then, here's a brief refresher on who I am, what I'm doing, and why someone so busy calls herself "Lazy Mama."

Who is Lazy Mama?
I got suckered into quilting by the wily folks at a fabric store in Cleveland, Ohio, who could spot an easy mark when they saw one. A decade later, I still spend way too much money at fabric stores and way too much time in my sewing studio.

When my daughter was born a year and a half ago, I was afraid I was going to have to cut back on my projects. Instead I’ve developed ways to enjoy crafting on a scale and a schedule that fits my new-mommy status – I call it the Lazy Mama way!

I design projects that are practical but cute, that look impressive but go together quickly, that look professional but involve the bare minimum of fuss. These projects go together so quickly, you may find yourself making extras to give as gifts! I try to design projects that I can finish in the span of one or two of my daughter’s naps, or that I can finish in the tiny pieces of time I carve out for myself in the evenings before I collapse into bed.

By using these tidbits of time to do something I enjoy, I’ve found a way to keep up a hobby I love and maintain some sanity during my daughter’s childhood. And I'm finding inspiration in the products I can make for my daughter to wear and play with ... so look for more toys, patterns and baby items in the coming months.

I enjoy taking traditional craft designs and adding a modern twist with bold colors and non-traditional techniques. My goal is to make beautiful, functional art that makes the owner feel happy when they look at it. I hope it's working!

No comments: