Pages

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Sock-happy

Remember how I finished one adult sock earlier this summer? I finished the other one earlier this month and forgot to post the photo. So here it is:The pattern is from Knit Socks Whatever the Yarn by Edie Eckman, and no, you're not imagining things, they are two different colors. That's what happens when they only have one skein two different colors of the cotton-wool blend I want to try ... I go all artsy and make non-matching socks. Good thing, too, since I misread the directions for the first sock and did K2P2 ribbing, and on the second I read the directions right and did K1P1 ribbing, so the suckers wouldn't match even if I had the same yarn. Oh, well - now I won't be tempted to wear them with shoes and get them all holey, right?

I also finished another pair of the toddler socks from the free pattern I used earlier this summer. I used a chunky organic cotton yarn I used to make my mother a copy of the Fair Isle sweater from the second Stitch N Bitch book, and these socks are the squooshiest socks I've ever seen. My goodness, I need a pair. Of course, the kid won't sit still long enough to get a photo, and won't take them off long enough for me to sneak them out of the room, so you'll just have to imagine the luscious pale blueness of them. Hoorah for socks you can finish during one movie!

No comments: