Pages

Monday, November 12, 2007

Pattern testing

When Hillary from Wee Wonderfuls asked for volunteers to test a new pattern this weekend, I threw my hand in the proverbial air while shouting "Ooooh! Ohh! Pick me! Pick me!" I guess she heard me, because I spent a couple hours Saturday night trying out her new gnome pattern.


Despite using completely the wrong fabrics, refusing to use pins, completely forgetting to attach Mr. Gnome's unibrow before sewing on the backing, and having to go back and hand-stitch some of the seams I screwed up, they turned out looking pretty spiffy:

Moral of the story: If I can make these suckers look cute at midnight with stash fabrics and a grudge against using pins, ANYONE can make them look cute. Now, go forth and purchase gnome patterns (when she has them available in her shop, which should be soon)!

***Edited to add: http://weewonderfuls.typepad.com/wee_wonderfuls/store/ link to the shop where the gnomes are now available

No comments: