Pages

Friday, January 25, 2008

2008 Goals

Okay, I've been brainstorming and stewing over this for almost a month, and I think I've got it narrowed down to five key goals for the year. In no particular order, Lazy Mama's professional goals for the year are:
  1. Develop (and sell) at least 10 new patterns.
  2. Track how my resources are spent (time and money) so I can become more productive in the limited time I work each day.
  3. Present a more unified, businesslike appearance to the public (which includes making sure that all of my branding is consistent and professional, as well as making sure that my new products fit in with an overall "style" of design for the company).
  4. Sell my patterns to at least five new shops.
  5. Investigate ways to promote my business while earning money, such as teaching classes based on my patterns or writing articles for special interest magazines.

I'm also going to try to establish a schedule of posting in the blog on similar topics on a schedule - you know, Monday is "My Favorites," Wednesday is "WIP Day," etc. Either that, or maybe grouping my posts so that I have a theme for the week.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go be exceedingly productive and professional ... while wrapping my husband's birthday presents. Sheesh, isn't writing down the goals enough work for today?

No comments: